Did you just merge two or more Gmail accounts of yours and you want to unlink them? You’re in the right place.
In this article, I will show you a very simple means to separate the 2 or more Gmail accounts you formerly merged together.
Important: you can only unhook (unmerge) your Gmail accounts using computer. In other words, you cannot unhook your accounts using mobile device or Gmail mobile app.
What happens when you unmerge your Google accounts?
When you separate your Gmail accounts, you can no longer access the two or more accounts under one account. In other words, you have to login to your accounts individually before you can send an email.
The best option to take once you unhook your Gmail accounts is to add those accounts to your device. The essence is to enable you login to each them easily.
When do I need to Separate Gmail accounts
You can unmerge your Gmail accounts when you lose access to your account. In a situation where you cannot access your Google account anymore, it is advisable you unlink it.
Before you do so, you need to try recovering your password. If you cannot recover it, then, you have to let go of the account. Simply unlink it.
Secondly, you might just want to access those accounts separately. It all depends on what you want.
- Firstly, login to your Gmail account on computer.
- Click the settings icon ⚙️ located at the top right of your screen.
- Select “See all settings“. It will take you Gmail settings page.
- On the top row, click “Accounts and Imports“
- Scroll down and find “send mail as:” by the left. You will see the list of merged Gmail accounts.
- Select delete beside each of the accounts you want to unlink.
- Confirm that you really want to delete the account by clicking “Ok“. Or, you can click cancel if you do not want to continue.
By deleting the account, you have successfully unmerged it and you can also link it again anytime you want.
The answer is yes. You can link it again after removing the account. In fact, you can link or unlink it anytime. Again, there is no limit to the number of time you add the account or remove it. You own the account!
Linking your Gmail accounts does not stop you from doing anything you wish to do on your account. In the same way, separating them does not also do any harm. The only disadvantage is that you would have to login to those emails individually before you send emails.
I hope you can now separate you merged Gmail accounts. Do well to drop your comments below. If you still find it difficult to unmerge, contact us by visiting our contact page.