Do you know that you can still respond to your Gmail personal or office emails even when you are out. That is exactly the work of Gmail vacation responder. The great tech feature enables you automatically reply your emails within a short time even though you are not around.
One of the best ways to maintain good relationship with customers or email recipients is to respond to their emails as soon as possible. Google sees that as a reason to respond to emails automatically.
One of the reasons you should activate an auto reply in your email account is that you can keep in touch with your customers or clients even when you are doing another thing.
You may be asking yourself, how should my Gmail auto responder look like? Don’t worry, I will give you an example of how your Gmail auto responder should look like.
This article will show you how to activate the Gmail autoreply feature using your Gmail mobile app. But if you want to activate it on your computer, check out this article on how to add Gmail autoresponder on computer and see what you have to do about that.
How to add a Gmail vacation responder using phone.
- Firstly, you need to login to Gmail using Gmail mobile application. If you do not have any yet, download it here and add your Gmail account in few minutes.
- Click the main menu bar located at the top left of your screen.
- Scroll down and select “settings”.
- Select the Gmail account you want to use to set up the auto reply feature.
- Scroll down and select “Vacation responder”.
- Toggle the button by the top right to make the features clickable.
- Set it up the way you want it.
Now let me show you how to set it up.
- After toggling the button to the right, select the day you want to use as the first day of the vacation responder. That is, the day you want it to start. You can also backdate or schedule it if you wish to.
- Select the day you want it to end. If you do not want to end it any day, you can just leave it to “Not set”.
- Enter the subject line of the auto message. You need to enter the subject line which you would have entered while composing and email. Add a descriptive subject line, a subject line that tells the recipients what the email is all about even before opening it to read.
In the next step, you need to write the message you want to use as your auto reply message.
How should my Gmail auto reply message be?
The message should have a nice subject line. It should be descriptive and catchy to readers.
As a replier, you do not know the exact questions customers or senders will ask you. In other words, you may not know the nature of their emails. Therefore, you need to set up an anonymous reply. But it all starts from the subject line.
The subject line can be something like this: “Feedback from [your name or business name]
Now, in the body you need to give an anonymous reply telling the recipient that his questions, complaint or email has been received and that he/she will get a reply from you as soon as possible. This will make the recipient to trust you and to expect an answer to his questions.
Also, do not set up the Gmail auto reply just for the fun of it. You need to reply your incoming mails as soon as possible. In fact, you need to see the best email practices so that you will see how fast you need to be in replying your emails.
Furthermore, you need to keep the auto reply short and straight to the point. You want to tell your audience that you have received their emails, right? Then, let your auto response not go beyond that. Do not use the avenue to start talking about your business because that is not what they hope to see or hear from you at the moment. This particular act may make them to stop reaching out to you for solutions. In fact, they may unsubscribe from your newsletters.
One thing about a Gmail auto reply is that it cannot deliver successfully to “noreply” email addresses. It will only attempt to send but it won’t go successfully.
Also note that you can cancel the Gmail vacation responder anytime you want and you can reactivate it also. It’s all about what you want and when you want it.