Have you been receiving too many emails from a particular email address and you don’t want to receive such anymore? Did you receive threat or unimportant emails in your Gmail account? The solution is here. I’ll show you how to block an email in Gmail.
How to unsubscribe from mass emails
- Firstly, login to your Gmail account
- Open the message from the email address you want to unsubscribe.
- Find the “unsubscribe” button. It maybe located at the top of the message or below the message.
- Hit the “unsubscribe” button. You may need to confirm that you really want to unsubscribe from it. Sometimes, you may be asked to tell you want to unsubscribe. Simply choose an option to complete the process.
Important: When you unsubscribe, it may take few days to be effective. That means you may still receive emails from that same email address within few days.
In case, you could not find the unsubscribe button, follow the steps below to block the email address.
How to block an email in Gmail
- Go to your email account on Gmail
- Tap the three dots forming a vertical line by the right hand side.
- Select “block name of sender”.
Important: Once you block a sender, his emails will start going to spam folder. It simply means that you have placed a spam tag on the email address. But you can remove the spam tag anytime you want. You can also unblock the same email address following the same steps.
Remove spam tag from an email
- Go to spam folder in your Gmail account.
- Select the email you want to remove as spam.
- Click “not spam”. It will move immediately to your inbox.
Note: If you report any email as spam, you automatically unsubscribe from such email but you can revert it by just following the steps above.
If you find out that your important emails are going onto spam folder, also “not spam” to start getting it right in your inbox.
Many emails are going in to inboxes from different senders but it is evident that some are spam; there are not relevant at all. Therefore, you need to block or unsubscribe from those emails.
Some may be emails threatening human life. You need to take relevant actions towards that. It may not only require you to unsubscribe or block those emails. You need to report to the relevant authority.
I hope this article was helpful and that you have seen how to unsubscribe from emails or block them.